About Me

I love to cook for my family and friends and would love to share my recipes with you. My husband has a wheat intolerance and I am always trying to come up with new recipes that we can all enjoy. If you have a chance to try them I would be delighted to hear how you get on.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Three Top Tips to gluten free success!

The first thing I will say about gluten free baking is that people always think its harder than it actually is. The main thing to remember is that if you are planning to convert a recipe from wheat flour to wheat free, add more moisture otherwise your cake will be very dry. I tend to add more of whatever liquid is on the ingredients list, or add a splash of milk.
Secondly, I would recommend starting off by converting cakes that are naturally quite moist such as Carrot Cake, or something with apple puree.
Thirdly, enjoy it and if you need help please ask me and I will do my best to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment