About Me

I love to cook for my family and friends and would love to share my recipes with you. My husband has a wheat intolerance and I am always trying to come up with new recipes that we can all enjoy. If you have a chance to try them I would be delighted to hear how you get on.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crunchy Top Chocorange Muffins

It was my husband's birthday at the weekend and I made these muffins, arranged them on a plate with some candles in the top and he just loved them! They are quick to make (having a one year old son means most things I make need to be quick) but the crunchy topping makes them a bit more special than a plain muffin. Enjoy!

Ingredients
100g Chocolate Chips
175g Self Raising Flour
150g Margarine
175g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Orange - Zest and 40mls of the Juice
Plus an extra 5tbsp Caster Sugar and 20ml Orange Juice for the topping (optional)

Method
Preheat the oven to 170 (fan).
Cream the margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs followed by the flour, then the orange juice and zest.
Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Cool for 10 mins then prick each muffin a few times with a skewer.
Mix 5tbsp caster sugar with 20ml orange juice and use a teaspoon to spoon it on to each muffin.
Allow to cool completely so that the sugar coating goes hard before you eat it.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is amazing! Made it with my mom yesterday and it was perfect. It turned out what we expect. Thanks for the recipe. You might as well look at www.gourmandia.com and www.gourmetrecipe.com for more exciting recipes. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete